Top 3 Autoresponders For Your Business
There are certain things that you must have in order to start a successful online business. In this post we will go over the Top 3 Autoresponders for your business.
Autoresponders and email marketing tools are some of the most important parts of your business. You use it to follow-up with customers. To keep people coming back to your site. To build loyalty. To make sales.
Autoresponder software empowers email marketers to automatically send pre-written communications in response to a website visitor converting in some fashion on your site.
As visitors convert on your site and sign up for your email list, this triggers your autoresponder to send a message or series of messages.
You can set conversion triggers for your autoresponder such as newsletter sign-ups, requests for more information, and e-book downloads.
Most entrepreneurs, marketers, and freelancers like you start with free autoresponders in the early days of their businesses. But awesome as they may be, these free tools come with a price.
You can’t build advanced email drip campaigns, remove the tool’s logo, or create complex segmentations. There’s also a limit to the number of emails you can send.
That’s the problem with free autoresponders: You outgrow them. There are no advanced “free forever” autoresponders, but there are free trials and basic plans you can take advantage of right now.
Here are my Top 3 Autoresponders for your business that will fulfill your autoresponder needs. All provide varying levels of autoresponder capabilities as well as unique features in email marketing.
Coming in at number one for my top 3 autoresponders for your business is Aweber.
Aweber was founded in 1998 and if you’re managing a list in the hundreds, thousands or low tens of thousands and you only collect leads through the internet, then there’s no better service than Aweber.
AWeber really stands out from the crowd in several areas.
- Ease of use: AWeber is easy to set up and manage.
- Customer service: AWeber has live help by chat and by phone and the people who are in customer service are very knowledgeable. If you don’t know how to use any part of the service just ask them and they’ll give you a prompt courteous answer.
- Deliverability: When you use AWeber your emails will get through. This is super important. If your emails aren’t delivered your autoresponder campaign won’t work. And you spend too much time and money getting those subscribers for them not to get your emails. That’s why good deliverability is so important.
How much does AWeber cost?
The service starts at just $19 a month for up to 500 subscribers. They always let you send unlimited emails and the price goes up as your subscriber base goes up.
It grows with you as you grow your business. $29 per month for up to 2,500 subscribers, $49 per month for 5,000, and $149 per month for up to 25,000 subscribers.
You can get your first month FREE. This allows you to *test drive* their services so you can see if they are a good fit for you. A 14% discount is available if you pay quarterly; a 14.9% discount is available if you pay annually. There are also some discounts available for students and not-for-profit organizations.
- Being able to track your email,
- Do split testing to see which headline works best or what time of day you need to send out an email to get the best open rate,
- See how many subscribers opened your emails or even clicked on the links,
- Being able to resend the same email to only those subscribers who haven’t opened it to begin with.
- Choose to subscribe your users on either a single opt-in or a double opt-in basis
- Use the platform to design simple landing pages
- Gives you the option to add a popup form
- Integrations with third party apps
- Phone support, email support and live chat support is all available
Coming in at number 2 for my top 3 autoresponders for your business is GetResponse.
GetResponse has been in business since 1998; and, according to the company, 350,000 individuals and businesses now use the platform for their email marketing.
GetResponse’s feature set has evolved quite a bit, to the point where it has become more of an ‘all-in-one’ marketing solution. In addition to email marketing, it now also provides webinar hosting, landing pages and automated sales funnels.
You get all the basics of course — open rate, click-through, unsubscribe rates and so on — but in addition to that, there are some very nifty reporting features that are worth a particular mention, namely:
- One-click segmentation – Identify people who did not engage with an e-newsletter you sent
- Metrics over time – Find out exactly when most of your subscribers take action on your emails
- Email ROI – You can find out how effectively (or not!) your email campaigns are driving sales
- Per-user information – Click on one of your subscribers and see where they signed up from, where they’re located and which emails they’ve opened in the past
- E-newsletter performance comparison – Compare the performance of two e-newsletters side-by-side
How much does GetResponse cost?
It comes with a free 30 day trial and significant discounts are available if you pay upfront for 12 or 24 months of service (18% and 30% respectively).
GetResponse’s pricing is fairly competitive — you can host a database containing up to 1,000 email addresses for $15 a month. As with most professional autoresponder you go up the pricing ladder the more subscribers you have.
2,500 Subscribers is $25/month. 5,000 Subscribers is $45/month. 10,000 Subscribers is $65/month. 25,000 Subscribers is $145/month. 50,000 Subscribers is $250/month. 100,000 Subscribers is $450/month.
GetResponse email creator also allows you to make extensive use of web fonts — a really wide selection of Google Fonts can be used in your e-newsletters: more than any competing tool that I’ve tested to date.
- Manage Your Contacts With Tags and Custom Fields
- Use Advanced Segmentation for Better Targeting
- Create Complex Automation Sequences With Ease
- Use Advanced User Tracking To Maximize Engagement and Revenue
- Create Complete Marketing and Sales Funnels With AutoFunnels
- Design High Converting Landing Pages Within Minutes
- Grow Your Email List With Smart Opt-In Forms
Coming in at number 3 for my top 3 autoresponders for your business is Trafficwave but it’s my top choice if you don’t need all the bells and whistles.
If you’re just starting out and need a reliable autoresponder that will save you money then Trafficwave is the perfect tool.
Trafficwave autoresponder service which opened in 2000 is a different animal. No matter if you have one list or 50 lists. No matter if you have 500 or 50,0000 subscribers, the monthly price for TrafficWave stays the same.
For 17.95 you can build your list as high as you want without the price going up.
As you can see with the top 3 autoresponders for your business it can get a bit pricey as you grow your list.
With that being said you will not have all the bells and whistles as Aweber and GetResponse offers but it just depends on what fits your budget and what you’re wanting in an autoresponder.
With TrafficWave you are never alone. There is a free trial for 30 days and between the training videos, the Documentation Wiki Training and the Member Forum, there is help around every corner.
- Writing Your Emails is Easy
- Track Like a Pro
- Premade Optin Pages
- Affordable Flat-Rate Subscription Fee
- Comparable Delivery Rate To Aweber and GetResponse
Aweber, for example, charges $19 for an email list which contains up to 500 subscribers. $29 per month for up to 2,500 subscribers, $49 per month for 5,000, and $149 per month for up to 25,000 subscribers.
GetResponse charges $15.00 for 1,000 Subscribers. 2,500 Subscribers is $25/month. 5,000 Subscribers is $45/month. 10,000 Subscribers is $65/month. 25,000 Subscribers is $145/month. 50,000 Subscribers is $250/month. 100,000 Subscribers is $450/month.
Top 3 Autoresponders for Your Business – Conclusion
The above are my top 3 Autoresponders for your business and if you’re serious about growing your brand and connecting with your clients and customers you need to go the paid route for this tool.
I know it can be cheaper to go with a free autoresponder and I did when I first started out just because I didn’t know any better. It just doesn’t look professional.
It’s like using a gmail address for your business instead of your domain name email. Plus you just don’t have the features or the deliverability rate that you will with paid autoresponders.