3 Reasons Why Most People Will Never Become Successful

3 Reasons Why Most People Will Never Become Successful

Here are three reasons why most people will never be successful. You must avoid these three things and the first one is pain vs. pleasure.

As human beings were hardwired to avoid pain and seek pleasure. Now let me ask you a question, which one do you think is a stronger driver, to seek pleasure or avoid pain.

The answer, our real driving factor in our decision-making is our avoidance of pain. After all, that’s what can kill us. Let me give you an example.

Pain vs. Pleasure

If you believe that money is the root of all evil aka pain, you’ll never have it. If you believe that approaching people and asking them out leads to rejection that’s major pain right there or relationships are heartbreak and you get crushed.

Subconsciously your mind is telling you to avoid these pains and focus on the pleasure. Maybe being single and having freedom you link up with pleasure. Maybe being broke is a noble cause in the back of your mind.

I hope you’re starting to see how powerful this is pain vs. pleasure. Both drive you, the question is which one’s making the decision for you.

Daydreaming

The next reason why most people never become successful is you get pleasure from your daydreaming so you don’t take action. Now let me tell you a quick story.

I once knew someone who was severely overweight and like most he knew he was overweight. He struggled with weight his entire life, he tried quote/unquote everything to lose it.

But 90% of people fail because they’re not being honest about their calorie intake and workout regiment. My friend’s real reason was that he linked pleasure to the fantasy and pain to the process.

Think about that real quick, if you believe that going on a diet is painful then you won’t do it. You link up diets as failures but get pleasure from the fantasy, from the daydream, so they never lose the weight.

The fantasy of one day I’ll be fit and on the beach, girls will look at me. I’m finally shredded, confident and I can I can rip off my shirt and chicks ask to rub my abs. That’s literally a fantasy that we get pleasure from but the reality is that beer tastes good and pizza is delicious.

The subconscious is what we sometimes don’t realize and the fantasy is also providing us pleasure. The deepest part is if you truly do get fit you lose the fantasy altogether and you lose the pleasure that you gain from it.

I hope you’re starting to see why this is so powerful, why so many people walk around with this success fantasy especially when it comes to weight loss, money or maybe relationships.

That’s why subconsciously even if they don’t understand it it’s why they’re not getting the results and it leads to self-sabotage or maybe they’re scared that as soon as they start trying they realize that it’s actually further away than they thought.

Have a Finish Line

The third reason most people never become successful is they don’t have a finish line. There was a study done at Yale University and they asked the students how many of you have a set of goals with the clear action plan to achieve them.

Less than 3% of the class did. What was really fascinating is when researchers followed up just 20 years later they found that the people that did, that 3% were happier, healthier, more fulfilled and had better relationships.

But here’s probably what you care about the most is that 3% had a higher net worth. They were worth more than the other 97% combined, that is the power of having a goal.

Ask yourself this. Would you set out on a road trip without a GPS or a map to somewhere you didn’t know and you had no idea how to get to?

I mean you could just wing it and see what happens but you’d get lost and make things more difficult. So why is life any different especially when we’re trying to make changes or go places we’ve never gone before.

You see the problem here? You need a massive action plan and how exactly are you gonna take massive action, what exactly does that look like? Be like that 3% in the study that had a clear plan for their goals.

3 Reasons Why Most People Will Never Become Successful – Conclusion

Don’t just get hyped up on this stuff because that’s the easy part, that’s the fantasy. Get really crystal clear about what the actions are you’re gonna take to become successful or achieve those goals.

Ok folks, those are the three reasons most don’t become successful so take your time to go over those again and again to make sure you have a plan and not just a fantasy.

If you’ve found this post helpful leave a comment below and share with your friends. Don’t forget to check out some of my other posts that will help you get your mind right to achieve the success you deserve.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This

Share this post with your friends!